Bhindi Paratha is a Sindhi delicacy also known as bheendijo phulko, another stuffed indian bread.
I have seen people eat steamed okra (what? I know) Bhindi paratha, not so odd now. However, believe me it’s simply delicious. Finely chopped okra mixed with chili powder stuffed and rolled out in chapatti dough. Seriously, it can’t get simpler than this.
I really don’t need a reason to eat bhindi paratha, but if you are looking for one I would say imagine cutting down on the time and oil that goes into making fried bhindi sabzi.
Serves: 4 to 6 parathas
Bhindi/okra-175gm or 20 pieces
Chilly powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
Oil – 2 tsp.
Salt to taste
For the dough:
1 ½ Cup Aatta
Salt ½ tsp
Water enough to knead the dough.
1. Knead the dough, and leave aside.
2. Wash, dry and Cut the top and tails.
3. Slit the okra, horizontally and vertically
4. Chop the okra as fine as possible.
5. Add the oil, salt, chilly powder, turmeric to okra and mix
6. Make a dough balls, flatten out and stuff the okra ( a tbsp. and a half) and roll it out ( you will have some stuffing oozing out which is fine, that’s what makes it more delicious)
7. Roast on medium to high heat, cooking each side well, smear some oil.
8. Serve with some Ketchup!