|Veg Noodles/ Stir Fry Noodles|
Today I am here with my other half, and we have decided to share with you one of our scrumptious vegetable Noodle dishes. With loads of vegetables it’s a super healthy and super quick lunch or dinner.
I find it hard to get Hakka noodles here and so I use spaghetti instead of egg noodles, and I recommend you to try it. However this is a recipe that will work with any noodles, just refer to pack instructions to cook your noodles.
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Noodles -250 gm (or spaghetti)
Thinly sliced Garlic- 3 cloves
Thinly sliced Ginger- 2cm
Green Pepper, Red Pepper/ Yellow Pepper- 1 small thinly sliced
Spring Onion- 3 stalks chopped (greens and onions separated)
Green chilli-1 (optional)
Cabbage Shredded- hand full
Light Soya sauce- 4 tbsp.
Chilly Sauce- to taste
Veg Stock cube-1
Salt to taste.
1. Boil Noodles or Spaghetti in a sauce pan of salted (2 tsp.) boiling water drizzle about a tbsp. of oil. Meanwhile chop all the vegetables. If using Noodles, after draining rinse with cold water and drain to stop them from cooking anymore and toss in some oil. ( I skip all of this and just use spaghetti )
2. Drain and leave aside.
3. In a wok, heat about 2 tbsp. of oil and sauté ginger garlic to remove the rawness.
4. Add in the Vegetables, starting with Carrots, onions (leave the stalks aside), peppers, cabbage sauté on High flame or about a minute (try not overcook the vegetables). Season with salt and Pepper.
5. Add in the Noodles and crushed vegetable stock cube. Mix it well
6. Finally add in soya sauce and chili sauce and sauté for a minute, Garnish with spring onions and serve!
Chinese cooking can not be easier than this, so why not skip the take away and try these delicious, healthy noodles!